Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Hallowed Warcraft

Hello, my name is Guenhwyvar. I’m fairly young as those here in Azeroth go. I’ve spent much of the last few weeks visiting whatever towns I can reach, collecting Handful of Candy. This handful’s come from large Jack-O-Lantern buckets the every inn in all of Azeroth and even Outland where I would need to be very strong to be allowed.

In addition to collecting candy once an hour the inn keepers will accept a request of Trick or Treat. When I trick or treat they will give me a costume or an item and occasionally they will do a curse that for a full minute I become a frog, cat, or even a worm. The one thing that strikes me as odd about this situation is how when I trick or treat in an inn every inn keeper in the world seems to know.

The thing that I enjoy most during this Hallow’s End celebration is the collaboration required to thwart the constant threat of the Shade of the Horseman. Each time the Shade attacks the Matron of the local orphanage asks people to take up buckets of water and extinguish the fires set by the Shade. I have defeated several of these shades, though the only way to stop them would be to destroy the Headless Horseman at his grave. The horseman is far too strong for me, though I’ve seen powerful people take on the task and defeat him many times over. Yet, the attacks continue and it seems they will not pass until after Hallow’s End.

I’m an alchemist by profession. I go about the country side collecting plants to make potions. Generally I give my potions to friends, but sometimes I take my extra’s to the Auction House in Stormwind city to sell them to those that want them enough to bid or even buy out my auctions. There are many things to be found in the Auction House. People all over the world bring items of relative value, either created or more often found in Dungeons or while raiding small camps of hostile creatures.

Shop keepers will buy things but chances are other adventurers will pay more. There are many people who do little but shout in cities about their professions or wares and how they can serve you for a usually steep fee. More often than not wares sold this way are cheaper than at auction. I’ve collected a number of magic wands that disguise the target as things like Leper Gnomes, Skeletons, and Bats. There are those who will pay two gold or more for these wands to be used on them.

Sometimes someone will ask me to Duel them. I’ve only had a few duels, usually resulting in my opponent conceding victory to me. Us Druids often get together and transform into Bears. I’m not sure why but we enjoy dancing together as Bears or cats; it is quite a funny sight to see. There are many interactions in mmy world, though there isnt much room for originality in our animations such as dance moves. even with these few issues I think all told this is a world worth defending.

No comments: